So, Peeps. Either you love ‘em or you hate ‘em.
There seems to be no middle ground for tolerance.
Our house is pretty firmly divided into the under-9-and-love-them vs. the over-40-and-Peeps-are-vile camps. How about you?
I found a way to use up a few of those marshmallow birds with a fun dessert for the girls. (It also involves torching a few of those little critters in the oven, which is not nearly as satisfying as microwaving them and watching them puff up to like 4x their regular size! You should try it – it is wildly entertaining to watch!) We made S’meeps!
S’mores + Peeps = S’meeps!
Getting puffy and toasty…
I found this on Serious Eats. Totally easy and the girls loved both the making and the eating parts!
You really don’t need a recipe for this (if you can figure out a s’more you can figure this out…), but here it is anyway!
Yield: 4 S’meeps
4 Peeps (1 package of 5 worked great because we could nuke the fifth one just for fun!)
4 graham crackers, separated into 8 halves
2 bars Hershey’s milk chocolate (or other chocolate, depending on preference)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. On the prepared baking sheet, place 1/4 of the chocolate bar (3 squares) onto 4 of the graham cracker halves.
3. Perch 1 Peep atop chocolate.
4. Toast in oven for 3 or 4 minutes, watching carefully so they toast, not burn.
5. When the Peeps are browned and chocolate melted, remove from oven.
6. Smoosh them down with the remaining graham cracker halves and enjoy the melty, gooey goodness.
Source: Adapted from Serious Eats