I expected greatness from something with three kinds of baking chips in it, but this cookie recipe is awesome. Awesomely awesome. (Yes, I am a child of the 80s.) No joke.
They are really rich and full, full, full of chips. Miss F was helping me make them and was concerned that there wasn’t enough dough for all the chips!
Not much else I can say about them – the cookies turned out really great and were a total hit in our house. This recipe makes quite a few cookies, but they will disappear quickly!
Triple Chip Cookies
Yield: about four dozen cookies
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1 1/2 cups white chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Add flour in two additions, scraping down the sides in between. Mix until thoroughly combined.
7. Combine chips together in large bowl and stir by hand into the cookie batter.
8. Scoop the batter with a 1 1/2 inch scoop or large spoon to place cookie batter two inches apart on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.