Our pineapples are all ripe!!
At the same time!!
These were the first three. They were followed by about 9 more! We ate the first two and then looked for ways to use them up! Get ready for some pineapple goodness to come your way! 🙂
First up is Pineapple Jam from Martha Stewart. I wanted a straightforward jam / jelly recipe that wasn’t complicated and this is so easy! No canning required! I let mine simmer for way longer than the called-for 45 to 60 minutes. I think my pineapple was really juicy so the mixture seemed really liquidy. It does set up a bit more when chilled, but since there is no pectin to make this a real jelly, I didn’t want to take any chances. Use your judgement, I really don’t think this can be messed up! It ends up delicious and sweet and a really beautiful, vibrant orangey-yellow.
This is perfection on a toasted bagel with fat-free cream cheese. Delicious! Enjoy!
Yield: about two cups
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
Juice of 2 limes
1. Peel the pineapple and grate the flesh (you should end up with about 2 cups).
2. Put the pineapple and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until the pineapple is soft, about 35 minutes.
3. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir to combine. Cook until the mixture has thickened, about 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Spoon the jam into a 16-ounce jar with a tight-fitting lid.
5. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.