The night of the Great Door Run In of 2012, I had made this Swiss Cheese Relish as an appetizer.
He even shucked them! (Big Shocker! I fee like I should make a shucker joke here…)
Without injury!! (Bigger Shocker!) The only injuries were mine that night… 😦
(Kind of looks like Santa is surrendering or falling out of the bowl, huh?)
Anyway, the oysters were delicious (as was this Floyd & Fred’s Hotlime Sauce – we went with the green variety, and it was plenty hot), and this cheese spread was devoured! Be sure to leave time to let the flavors develop before you serve. It tastes great the second day too!
Swiss Cheese Relish
Yield: makes 2 cups
1/2 pound (8 ounces) domestic Swiss cheese, grated by hand
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (8-ounce) jar of banana peppers, drained and finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s specified)
2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Cayenne pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine the Swiss and Parmesan cheese.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, banana peppers, scallions, and pepper. Stir well.
3. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the cheese mixture and stir until completely combined.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to develop.
5. Let the cheese come to room temperature before serving. Serve with crackers.
Source: The Galley Gourmet