These muffins are almost too easy to make. Not many ingredients, not many steps. (I bet even my sister could manage these! 🙂 Ha-ha.) And no one has to know how little time you put into this. I’ll never tell…
I made this for last year’s Easter brunch and they were so good that they made a repeat appearance here this year. The muffins are so moist and sweet and a perfect backdrop for some fresh, tart raspberries. Yum. They also call for reduced-fat cream cheese and buttermilk, which makes them a little less unhealthy than your average muffin – definitely a bonus! Enjoy!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
1/2 cup light cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter.
3. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Add vanilla, egg whites, egg and milk/buttermilk then beat until well combined.
5. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add to wet batter and stir just until combined. Gently fold in raspberries.
7. Spoon batter into 12 greased or lined muffin cups.
8. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly browned and a tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.