I made these fun little jello shots for no reason on Cinco de Mayo.
No guests, no party. Just wanted to see what they were like.
Party for one? Si!
Boozed up, margarita-flavored jello? Um, okay! This is a great idea for a more sophisticated jello shot than you had in college, which was basically whatever cheap alcohol you could find, some flavored Jell-o and disposable paper cups in very large quantities. (Or so I’ve heard Mom…)
They are tasty little treats, too! They taste just like a wiggly, jiggly margarita. I did halve the recipe below (party for one, remember?) and it made five decent-sized (two spoonful bites) servings.
1 Tbsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
3/4 cup water, divided
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup of the water. Allow to soften for 5 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the water and the sugar to the pan and heat, stirring, over medium-high heat until the sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool.
4. Stir in the lime juice, tequila and triple sec. (Taste and adjust ingredients, if needed.)
5. Pour into small serving glasses and refrigerate for several hours until set.
6. Serve cold.
Source: Annie’s Eats