I mentioned before that I haven’t been feeling very Fallish lately. It has to do with the weather, which has been still so hot.
Until this weekend! We had a “cold front” come through last Thursday/Friday. The humidity came down and this morning it is in the mid-70s for a brief couple of hours. I’m not going to run right out and buy a wool sweater or anything, but I appreciate a respite from the heat!
I celebrated this weekend, by rolling out a few pumpkin flavored goodies including this awesome pumpkin pie spiced French toast. The girls and I loved this two days in a row:
At least breakfast feels like Fall. 🙂
Pumpkin Pie Spiced French Toast
Yield: 10-12 pieces, depending on how thick the bread is sliced
5 large eggs
1 cup milk (skim is fine)
1 cup pumpkin
1 3/4 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 loaf challah or egg bread, sliced
Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
Maple syrup to serve
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat while you prepare the French toast batter.
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, and whisk until blended.
3. Add pumpkin and spices; whisk again until fully blended.
4. When skillet is ready, spray with nonstick cooking spray (or add some butter).
5. Dip bread slices into batter making sure to coat both sides well. Add to skillet. Cook until bread is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. (Repeat until bread is used up.)
6. Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Source: Adapted from Chaos and Cookies