It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas… Good thing you are safely away from my singing voice for that one, but it is true – Christmas is around the corner. Ten days, to be exact!
We’re mostly ready around here. It’s the last week of school with holiday shows and parties coming up, our gifts are bought and shipped, and the Sirius XM “Holly” station is on play most of the time. Yes, this is the most wonderful time of the year. (Oh, and my b’day is in one week, so that helps, too!)
Why not make your breakfast feel like Christmas too? 🙂 This recipe originally called for sandwich bread, but I love the way challah (or egg) bread works with French toast. The Misses loved this recipe and helped me with it too!
Eggnog French Toast
8 slices of challah bread
1 cup eggnog
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Butter, to coat skillet
1. Whisk together eggnog, eggs, ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
2. Preheat a skillet on the stovetop and add a pat of butter to melt.
3. Dip bread slices (both sides) in egg mixture and place in hot skillet.
4. Cook bread for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve with powdered sugar, hot syrup, and/or fresh fruit.
Source: Baking with Blondie