A little late in the day, but still Friday! 🙂
Well, here it is. Probably the only cocktail that the Easter Bunny, should he partake of liquorous libations (and I am sure he must!), would be totally down for: a carrot margarita!
I knew I had to try this as soon as I saw the recipe, just to see what it was like and say that I did.
Actually, it is quite tasty! Mind you, I won’t be running out and replacing a tried-and-true “regular” margarita every time – I am a Texan after all – but this was a fun, certainly sure-to-incite-conversation Easter alternative.
Maybe the Easter Bunny will leave you a golden egg or some really good chocolate if you leave him one of these? We’ll see, I’m willing to try! 🙂
Yield: 4 margaritas
Lime wedges and Kosher salt
1 cup white tequila
1 cup fresh carrot juice (I used Bolthouse Farms bottled juice – near the OJ at the grocery store)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup Cointreau
Ice cubes to serve
1. Pour a thin layer of salt into a wide, shallow bowl or plate.
2. Moisten the rims of margarita or cocktail glasses with lime wedges and dip into salt.
3. Place prepared glasses into the freezer to chill while you prepare the drinks.
4. In a small pitcher, pour the tequila, carrot juice, lime juice, and Cointreau. Stir to combine.
5. Remove glasses from freezer, place ice cubes in each, and divide margaritas into each glass.
6. Give a toast and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from Sweet Life (another Texan! Yay!)