I don’t have to rehash the love of chocolate and peanut butter that exists within my house. Big. Huge. All you need to do is search this blog for peanut butter and see what shows up…
I had to try another variation on peanut butter cup cookies and these were so good! Chewy, delicious, and obviously the flavor combo was perfect.
I made these for a party, everyone raved, and there were NO cookies leftover. Success for the party, but nothing leftover for our cookie jar. Time for another batch!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 12-ounce package peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated.
6. Carefully fold in the peanut butter cups.
7. Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until light brown around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Cool slightly on the baking sheets and transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.