Continuing the New Year with another dessert – and this is a good one. It also could not be easier. Unless you buy pre-sliced apples, of course! (But please don’t…)
This is an awesomely delicious dessert dip (and I love dessert dips as evidenced here, here, and here). It can be made in a snap (no pun intended) with just four ingredients and a candy bar topping. You can serve with store-bought gingersnap cookies and/or tart green apple slices. I really loved it with the apple slices – the tartness is a nice foil to the sweet candy-topped dip.
Needless to say, the Misses rank this one pretty high. Enjoy!
Caramel Cream Cheese Apple Dip
1 8 oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. whole milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 full-size Heath or Skor candy bars, crushed/finely chopped
Caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
3 to 4 tart apples, such as Granny Smith
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
3. Add milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated and smooth.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture into a shallow bowl and top with a layer of caramel sauce (2 to 4 tablespoons).
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. When ready to serve, top with the crushed toffee bits. Slice the apples and arrange with gingersnaps around dip.
A note from the original recipe: To help slow the browning of the apple slices, immediately after cutting, add slices to a bowl of cool water with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove slices from lemon water (allow excess water to drain off) and serve.
Source: Glorious Treats