I have yet to find it.
Enter these chocolate chip cookies on crispy graham crackers with s’mores shoved inside and on top. Oh. Em. Gee. I made these twice – once just for the Misses and again for a bake sale at Miss F’s school. From the reports I received (from a disappointed Miss E), all the bars sold out and none returned home to be shared.
These were a really delicious dessert – chewy cookie bars with a nice crunchy bottom, gooey melted chocolate, and toasty marshmallows. All good. 🙂
Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies
2 sleeves graham crackers – each one broken into squares (i.e. 1/2 of a full graham cracker sheet)
2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows, plus 1/4 cup for adding on top (as directed below)
2 regular sized Hershey bars, each piece printed with “Hershey” cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay graham crackers (broken in half, so they are squares) next to each other, in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet (the size of your baking sheet will determine exactly how many crackers you need).
3. Bake graham crackers for 4 minutes.
4. Remove cookie sheet from oven and set aside to cool.
5. In the bowl of an electrical mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy and well combined.
6. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
8. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
9. With a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips and one cup of the marshmallows.
10. Use a large cookie scoop to scoop dough evenly onto graham crackers (on baking sheet).
11. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
12. Remove pan from oven; Press two pieces of chocolate (two halves of one “Hershey” piece) and 2-3 marshmallows into each cookie.
13. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes more.
14. Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan. Cut the cookies into squares (where the graham crackers meet).